Parents of a certain age will no doubt remember the teen comedies of the 1980s or 90’s. These movies or serials typically included a person so wired up with orthodontic apparatus (elaborate metal braces, rubber bands, a mountain of headgear) that he or she looked like some sort of electrical machinery. Who can foget “UGLY BETTY” or ‘JASSI JAISI KOI NAHIN’. In recent years, the technological advancements in braces have not only made this person a thing of the past, but if your child needs braces to fix crooked teeth, you no longer need to worry about him or her being called “brace face” with a “tin grin.”
Traditional braces use a system of archwires, brackets, and rubber bands to straighten and realign crooked teeth. Self-ligating braces that Dr Sharad Kumar M.D.S.(ORTHO) FROM SMILE PLEASE DENTAL CLINIC (ISO 9001:2015 Certified), provide, by contrast, use specialized clips to hold the archwires in place instead of rubber bands. But what makes self-ligating braces so good?
- Self-ligating braces make it easier to keep your teeth clean because there are no rubber bands. Rubber bands collect food particles, and this can lead to an increase in plaque and decay. ‘Self-ligating braces help to maintain oral health with Braces’ says Dr. Sharad Kumar who is a leading expert in this field.
- Self-ligating braces are smaller and less noticeable than conventional braces. Most kids are self-conscious about how they look (flashback to those 1980s comedies), so braces that are subtle and less conspicuous are a huge draw. So no more psychological trauma.
- Self-ligating braces are more comfortable than traditional braces. Less pressure and friction are placed on the tooth. These types of braces also need fewer alterations and adjustments.
- Self-ligating braces move crooked teeth into place more quickly than conventional braces. In other words, you’re going to wear self-ligating braces for a shorter amount of time than traditional braces. Your treatment happens faster.
- Orthodontic work can be expensive. Self-ligating braces, however, cost about the similar amount of money as traditional braces.
Dr. Sharad Kumar and our team are proud to offer self-ligating braces as an alternative to traditional metal braces. Ask our team if they are right for you by giving us a call at our ISO 9001:2015 Certified– Smile Please Dental Clinic.
0% EMI OPTIONS AVAILABLE
CALL 9821662442/ 9930185453 FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT.