Dental implants have become the gold sovereign standard for replacement of missing teeth. They provide a strong and stable foundation for high quality replacement teeth which is durable. They restore nearly all of the original bite strength, and they can halt or even reverse bone loss in the jaw.
Like any other dental procedure, dental implants are not right for everyone. At Smile Please Dental Clinic our in-house super specialist Dr. Sharad Kumar M.D.S. (ORTHO), assess your current oral and physical health before we begin. Those with underlying health conditions such as high blood pressure or diabetes should get those under control before any oral surgery, and those who need other dental work such as fillings or root canals must have those procedures done first. In addition, if you suffer from severe jawbone loss, you may need bone grafting before we can proceed. We will let you know whether you are a candidate for dental implants and what needs to happen before your implant surgery.
BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
- Implants are the best solution for simulating the look, feel, and function of natural teeth. Dental implants do much more than replace missing teeth. They help maintain and strengthen bone structure, provide the ability to chew healthy food, and give patients the confidence to smile.
- They also protect existing teeth by helping to preserve bone structure.
- Once a tooth is lost, several things begin to happen that are not immediately noticeable to a patient and which can have a significant negative effect on both health and appearance. Tooth roots help hold teeth in place, but they are also critical in maintaining health in the surrounding gums and supporting bone structures.
- Bone loss in the jawbone is one significant problem that naturally occurs once a tooth is lost. This bone loss can compromise the integrity of neighboring tooth roots and tooth stability, and it is also a large part of what causes the “sunken” look that is seen in people who have lost several or all of their teeth. It is the reason patients who wear dentures find that over time their dentures are harder and harder to fit and keep in place.
- Dental implant placement can help generate bone growth in the area around the implant, which not only strengthens the bone and builds support, but can also alleviate the sunken look that can occur with bone loss in the jaw. This process is known as Osseo-integration and is a significant benefit of implant placement because it can also help prevent future bone loss.
- Although having a beautiful smile and the confidence that comes with it are important, there are also important health reasons to have dental implants. Whether replacing one tooth or several, implants are an important solution to restoring and maintaining dental health.
Replacing your missing teeth will not only have aesthetic and health benefits, but also will improve your self confidence. So it’s important that you don’t delay and book your appointment today. Say “YES” to Dental Implants…
DR. SHARAD KUMAR at SMIILE PLEASE: THE DENTAL CLINIC
OFFICE N0.111, NIRMAN VYAPAR PREMISES, SECTOR 17, VASHI, NAVI MUMBAI. Website: www.smiileplease.com TEL: 9821662442, 9930185453, 02227657810.